Earth finds Europe

steven

EasyRed1944
You're confusing me now....! think.gif

The red bars - are you saying that they're not really red paint, but used to be gas detection paint that has turned red because of the rust-proofer you've put on?

Cheers,

Glen.

Glen ,

The mentioned red bars are a reaction on the gas paint getting mixed up with the protection liquid. The gas paint was originally yellow , but when Steven put his protection liquid over the paint , it made a chemical reaction , so the yellow bar reacted and turned red , this is the same way like when it gets in touch with gas.

022-2.jpg

This is the yellow bar before it turned red.

And about the name i can`t find him any where with this initialen H H that is in the steel helmet en on the liner are the blue letters HY?T.

Thanks for the reactions and help to find out how the man is.

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday i went back to Groesbeek for a search day with the detector and i found this Flak-Jacket and a pocket knife with a nice inscription.

004-5.jpg

006-4.jpg

016-2.jpg

018-1.jpg

Nice finds!

During my internship at one of the competence centres of the Belgian army, I met a guy who had found a Colt M1911 in the Ardennes (Bastogne area). Interesting detail: it was loaded and ready to fire! I love the mystery behind such items, they always make me wonder what happened to the owner ...