WWII Patch Album Collection (Part II)

Teamski

normaninvasion
jeal0001.gifjeal0001.gif I was watching this unfold in the forsale section, man this album is great, everytime I look, it just gets better!!! What date was the album put together?

jeal0001.gifjeal0001.gif I was watching this unfold in the forsale section, man this album is great, everytime I look, it just gets better!!! What date was the album put together?

I discussed this with another forum member. There were 4 or 5 albums that the Patch King released. This one looks to be an early one. My feeling is about 1944, since the units cut-off early. For example, the Corps stop at the 20th, the Armies stop at the 7th. Note that the 6th Army is the old version and the book doesn't carry the later one, that was worn from 1944 onwards. Just a guess....

Ski, I have two equal booklets (double size then yours) with the same drawings then in your small booklet which I have too. But I can't see any relations to Patch Kink. The author is Wolf Applton, N.Y. Did PK copy this drawings or did Appleton copy PK catalogues? Thanks for your help.

Lars

Book1.JPG

Ski,

What is the complete text with the Bomb Disposal patch on page 3?

It says "Bomb Disposal School".

There are quite a few patches in the album that are mis-labeled. For example, the Marine Corps Ships Detachment patch is labeled as the 7th Ambhibous Corps!

-Ski

It says "Bomb Disposal School".

There are quite a few patches in the album that are mis-labeled. For example, the Marine Corps Ships Detachment patch is labeled as the 7th Ambhibous Corps!

-Ski

Was this only a Shoulder Sleeve Insignia for the BD School?

A lot of books say that it is a patch for all qualified BD personnel?

Drawings.

Thanks Lars!

Well, check this out. Another forum member E-Mailed me these shots of his album. As was mentioned, several albums were released. His is another version of the book. He added patches over the years as you will see here. Cool stuff! There are quite a few photos....

-Ski

post-3043-1234120144.jpg