• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hhbooker2

hhbooker2
  • Members
    • Member ID: 837
  • 9,387 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:38 AM

:rolleyes: "GREETINGS & SALUTATIONS!" The Civil Air Patrol which is an Auxiliary of the United States Air Force issued a form of service ribbons from the start, folded like a trianle I believe? I could be wrong? They then had regulation service ribbons featuring the three-blade propeller in the centre and then later came up with an assortment of service ribbons for adults and cadet members, they changed these designs later. I do not have the dates of introducted and the changes, however? Perhaps Lee Ragan or others might know? Major General Tony Pineda I believe was awarded their highest medal? Anyway, I'll show the ribbons and medals of the C.A.P. I have pictures of, maybe someone else can show those that are missing from here? Thank you! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) [POST SCRIPT: I am looking for the Civil Defense Ribbons from the C.A.P. with a small round device showing a triangle with letters CD inside, thanks!]

Attached Images

• Civil_Air_Patrol_Commander__s_Commendation_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Encampment_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_General_Billy_Mitchell_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Unit_Air_Search___Rescue_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Unit_Citation_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Unit_Civil_Defence_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Unit_Competion_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Distinguished_Service_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Exceptional_Service_Medal.jpg
  • Civil_Air_Patrol_Meritorious_Service_Medal.jpg

#2 Teamski

Teamski
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,043
  • 14,140 posts

Posted 07 February 2009 - 01:12 PM

You will need to go to this thread immediately, hehehehe.....

http://www.usmilitar...d...t=0&start=0

-Ski

#3 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:22 PM

Forum members:

You are in the MEDALS & DECORATIONS "Reference Section". This area is where posts from the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83) are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the various U.S. medals and military decorations.

As time moves forward, some of these posts may have additional information added to them by the moderators of this section. We ask for your input as well, especially in the correction of any erroneous information that may have inadvertently be posted..

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the general Medals & Decorations "discussion section" (here: http://www.usmilitar.....?showforum=83). And, as needed, we will be pleased to move any new and / or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised: posting and / or editing is restricted on this post to moderator's and forum staff.

Sincerely,
Chris / ADMIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users