Lets see your 1st Marine Division Patches

Raidercollector

Raidercollector
post-421-1174051323.jpgHere is my favorite first division patch I have in my collection .It came with his dog tag ,With the thumb print on it. The patch is wool made in New Zealand

Here are a couple of the basic US made versions on twill. The patch on the left is slightly smaller than the standard and is on much thinner twill with no cheesecloth backing.

Gary

post-84-1174089318.jpg

post-84-1174089336.jpg

Probably the scarcest of all WWII US made 1st MAR DIV patches is this red bordered example on twill. While I wish this patch was in my collection, it's not. This is the photo I snagged from an eBay auction several years ago. Even though it was sewn to a very basic, ratty looking Corporal's dress blouse without insignia or ribbons, the auction still ended at over $700.

Gary

post-84-1174089949.jpg

River Patrol

This is foreign hand made directly off the uniform -- my favorite type. Salty but not too salty!

Steve

1stMarineDiv.jpg

Here are a couple of twill WWII 1st Marine Divion SSIs. They came with a veteran's grouping I picked up a few years ago. The insignia are gauze backed. Nothing special but I wanted to share the decorated sea bag that came with the grouping.

post-203-1174178054.jpg

jeremiahcable

Nice patches in here! I'm going to have to dig up a couple of mine now. Congrats on your new "blooded" 1st MarDiv patch you won the other night Nick, it's a beauty!

Jeremiah

From my collection....medals, 1st Division Patch (Did they call these "battle blazes")

1st Lt. John Gately "Killed the first Japanese in the invasion of Guadalcanal"

post-248-1174186685.jpg

post-248-1174186704.jpg

Raidercollector
From my collection....medals, 1st Division Patch (Did they call these "battle blazes")

1st Lt. John Gately "Killed the first Japanese in the invasion of Guadalcanal"

USMCRPFC79

Thats a real nice patch,and a killer group. any doc's with that group. If so I would like to see it.

Raidercollector
Nice patches in here! I'm going to have to dig up a couple of mine now. Congrats on your new "blooded" 1st MarDiv patch you won the other night Nick, it's a beauty!

Jeremiah

Thanks Jeremiah

Thats the second one I will have. There are some great patchs here that are being posted.

does anyone have a bullion example? I've seen very few USMC patches in bullion, and when I do they're mostly air wing

• 3 years later...

It took me a little while to figure out what was different about it, but it has all the characteristics of a German-made patch.

post-265-1282517519.jpg

I can only speculate about why it was made, possibly for a Marine Corps veteran serving in the post-war army in Germany. I know it's not unheard of to find German-made patches for units that served in the Pacific or Japanese-made patches for units that served in Europe, but this is the first I've personally run across.

Bill

It took me a little while to figure out what was different about it, but it has all the characteristics of a German-made patch.

I can only speculate about why it was made, possibly for a Marine Corps veteran serving in the post-war army in Germany. I know it's not unheard of to find German-made patches for units that served in the Pacific or Japanese-made patches for units that served in Europe, but this is the first I've personally run across.

Bill

Yes, that's a German made patch.

Lars

I'm a "Rookie", but this is my First patch. Comments are welcome.

1Div_F.jpg1_Div_FC.jpg

1_Div_B.jpg

Thanks to Tredhed2 for some help!

Nice patch! What kind is this?....Kat

• 3 years later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...