• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
    • Member ID: 236
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:45 PM

Has anyone ever bought anything from this website? Are his items legit?

#2 Michiel M.

Michiel M.
  • Members
    • Member ID: 178
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:03 PM

He's not the cheapest, but his items are fair.

#3 CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 94
  • 11,147 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:29 PM

He sold a uniform from his site that eventually made it onto ebay, that was talked about here and was believed to be a put-together. REALLY expensive items though!

#4 camopara

camopara
  • Members
    • Member ID: 82
  • 714 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:14 PM

I've bought one or two smaller items from him before his website. He is expensive and I've heard that most of his German stuff (badges) are bad.
I know that some of his stuff is good, but he's probably no different than any other dealer in that you need to know what you are looking at.

#5 glenm

glenm
  • Members
    • Member ID: 353
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:36 PM

US Army Camo HBT Jacket is post-war duck-hunter stuff.

507th Ike has a post-war PFC stripes on it (the woven green on blue chino type)

Armflag is one of the post-war returning home bunting ones, nothing to do with the Airborne.

1st "Allied Airborne" patch is a post-war German made one for the 1st Airborne Army, not a wrtime British-made one.

I gave up looking through after that.

Oh, and prices are ridiculously high in most cases.

Cheers,
Glen.

#6 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 02:44 PM

Thanks guys for the input, makes my decision easy. The stuff I thought was overpriced anyway.

#7 Allan B

Allan B
  • Members
    • Member ID: 208
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:24 PM

Hi All,

Some nice 101st patches, but prices are way over the top.

Educational to:

"INSIGNIA GROUPING TO OFFICER IN THE 505th PIR, 101ST AIRBORNE DIVISION PATCHES, BADGES & RIBBONS" http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/think.gif

Cheers

Allan

Edited by Allan B, 22 January 2007 - 03:24 PM.

#8 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

Can anyone recommend a place to find WWII airborne items? I am planning on going to the SOS also, will there be a lot of airborne items there? I am mainly looking for anything airborne related: uniforms, patches, jump wings, etc. I am really looking hard for an airborne ike jacket though. Thanks for any help in advance!

#9 Allan B

Allan B
  • Members
    • Member ID: 208
  • 127 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

Can anyone recommend a place to find WWII airborne items? I am planning on going to the SOS also, will there be a lot of airborne items there? I am mainly looking for anything airborne related: uniforms, patches, jump wings, etc. I am really looking hard for an airborne ike jacket though. Thanks for any help in advance!

Hi Pete-o MSU,

Why don't you put up a wants list?
Are you after dress or combat uniforms/items/equipment?

Cheers

Allan

#10 Dave

Dave

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 209
  • 12,533 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 02:49 PM

Allan H. and I might have some stuff that interests you. We'll be on the J row at the SOS.

There are normally quite a few airborne items at the SOS. A lot of fake stuff, but honestly I've kicked myself a-plenty for passing up good stuff at the show! Allan H. is one of the world's experts on US airborne militaria, so he's a great guy to get an opinion from before you buy anything at the show.

Dave

#11 Pete-o MSU

Pete-o MSU
  • Members
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 03:25 PM

Wow Dave thanks for the advice and information. I will try to track you down at the SOS. See you there!

Peter Fleck

#12 Bob M

Bob M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 230
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 January 2007 - 06:55 AM

I bought several times from Richard Maniscalco (owner of screamneagle.com). 99% of his uniforms are 'put-togethers'. I' ve only bought field gear from Richard. Never had any problems with that and he gives an life time guarantee on originality on his items. He's a nice person to deal with, I ordered a T Handle Shovel from his website and it has been lost in the mail somewhere. He gave me two choices: My money back or an other item from his shop. I choose another item, and recieved within 7 days!

Bob

#13 Croix de Guerre

Croix de Guerre
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,356
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 08:05 PM

Has any one had any dealings with this company or individual? What do you know about his reputation?

#14 cthomas

cthomas
  • Members
    • Member ID: 518
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:28 AM

Has any one had any dealings with this company or individual? What do you know about his reputation?

The only thing I've heard grumbles about were his prices. What I call "High Retail"

#15 IMPERIAL QUEST

IMPERIAL QUEST
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,000
  • 3,923 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:40 AM

I am sure that Richard is a fine man as far as character. However, with all due respect to him, the prices of many items there are approximately 2 1/2 to 3 times the "going rate" ...for this reason, I have not pulled the trigger on a few that I would love to have.

Edited by IMPERIAL QUEST, 27 January 2009 - 10:48 AM.

#16 Croix de Guerre

Croix de Guerre
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,356
  • 1,914 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:01 PM

I spoke with him the phone this evening and he did in fact seem to be a fine person. His prices are a bit insane however.

#17 tarbridge

tarbridge

CHIEF MODERATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 123
  • 12,674 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 10:18 AM

I have known and dealt with Dickie many years.While his prices can be High on items for Sale,He also pays very well for items he buys.Maybe that helps explain his pricing to a degree.With respect,Robert

#18 gpw_42

gpw_42
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,938
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 11:04 AM

I returned an item to him, which a 3d party bought me as a gift...he was quick with the refund to the 3d party, and no issues. Some neat stuff on his site, but $$$.

Thrasher

#19 scottplen

scottplen
  • Members
    • Member ID: 620
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:52 PM

nice guy !!! nice stuff!!! a bit overpriced !!! but most dealers are no a days !!!! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif
a bit slow on his emails !

#20 juvatwad

juvatwad
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,302
  • 406 posts

Posted 08 May 2009 - 11:27 PM

Is this the same guy?

http://www.nytimes.c...ian-graves.html

#21 Blake_E

Blake_E
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,398
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 09:34 AM

Common name perhaps? Can't remember where he hails from. He's got a great site, so much fantastic stuff, but incredibly overpriced. I still havnt made a purchase yet

#22 Mark M

Mark M
  • Members
    • Member ID: 569
  • 2,471 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:25 AM

SCREAMNEAGLE
Richard Maniscalco
P.O. Box 8387
Fredericksburg, VA 22404-8387

#23 normaninvasion

normaninvasion
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,253
  • 2,383 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 10:29 AM

This guy has alot of great items. As stated, way overpriced. He had some M1s that I thought were fairly priced. I emailed him awile back about some items, never wrote back, so he didn't get my money.

#24 gpw_42

gpw_42
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,938
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 11:02 AM

His old mailing address (c. March 2008) was Rappahannock Academy, VA, so draw your own conclusions.

When I returned that gift to him, he was slow on email, but quick to act once I finally got the email. I suspect there are a lot of "tire kickers" on email, so he'd act more promptly from a phone call if you wanted something from his website.

Thrasher

#25 Blake_E

Blake_E
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,398
  • 1,898 posts

Posted 10 May 2009 - 02:24 AM

I'm an international buyer, so felt an email was easier. I asked about shipping and payment and got a friendly reply in 24 hrs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)