Posted 10 December 2014 - 01:25 AM

I'll have to try this

#27 Millcove

Millcove
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 157,930
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 09:12 PM

My first post to this forum.    I found a way to make inexpensive diffused lights.  Soft box lights are expensive and they take up a lot of room.  These are compact and inexpensive. I use clamp-on lights that you can find at any hardware store.  I bought white plasticsalad bowls at the dollar store and white shower caps.   Cut a hole in the bottom of the bowl and put the clamp-on light through the hole and screww the top back on.  I used white electrical tape to keep it in place.  I use Ott light bulbs because they mimic daylight. .   Shop the internet because these vary in price.  I found some on Amazon that were very reasonable. Cover the bowl with a shower cap.  Use a second shower cap to diffuse the light more if needed.    You can clamp the lights onto poles, desks, tables or just lay them down across from what ever it is you are photographing.   I use two  IV poles with wheels that were left over when a family member was ill.  Here are a few pictures of what it looks like.

Attached Images

• P1140444ps1_zpseucrcnwt.jpg
  • P1140447PS1_zpsvpm83ww3.jpg
  • 300_003.jpg
  • 150_001.jpg

#28 WW2JAKE

WW2JAKE
  • Members
    • Member ID: 125,364
  • 4,546 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

My first post to this forum.    I found a way to make inexpensive diffused lights.  Soft box lights are expensive and they take up a lot of room.  These are compact and inexpensive. I use clamp-on lights that you can find at any hardware store.  I bought white plasticsalad bowls at the dollar store and white shower caps.   Cut a hole in the bottom of the bowl and put the clamp-on light through the hole and screww the top back on.  I used white electrical tape to keep it in place.  I use Ott light bulbs because they mimic daylight. .   Shop the internet because these vary in price.  I found some on Amazon that were very reasonable. Cover the bowl with a shower cap.  Use a second shower cap to diffuse the light more if needed.    You can clamp the lights onto poles, desks, tables or just lay them down across from what ever it is you are photographing.   I use two  IV poles with wheels that were left over when a family member was ill.  Here are a few pictures of what it looks like.

thats way more advanced than i felt like getting so i just threw white t-shirts over some lamps i have lol 

but heres my 98 cent photobooth 
(I like a black background)

11015825_827359597335082_1370103395_n.jpg

picture using it

11063092_824617870942588_1808819819_n.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users