usmc-collector

• 10 months later...

Here's mine ;

IMG_4369.JPG

img_3017.jpg

img_3018.jpg

img_3019.jpg

USMC%20IBA.jpg

This last picture is an assembly I personaly done with my items and a picture I found on internet.

The shoulder protection is called 'APES' for "Armor Protective Enhancement System". It was made by Point Blank in 2004. Here's some pictures of this particularly rare item ;

IMG_2718.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

IMG_2715.JPG

EBAY1416.jpg

Armor1.jpg

interceptor.jpg

byq.jpg

I've a big collection of body armor, I'll show you some picture of other model in the next weeks. I like Interceptor Body Armor and I've found more than 14 differents models (all camouflage included : ACU, coyote, DCU and woodland).

Here's some more pictures of APES ;

http://picasaweb.google.com/militariabelgi...MCEXPERIMENTAL#

Here's some more pictures of coyote brown IBA ;

http://picasaweb.google.com/militariabelgi...rCoyoteTanUSMC#

• 5 months later...

Hello everybody,

Armor Protection Enhancement System (APES) was then replaced by another system called Quadgard. Here's some pictures and informations about this particular protection ;

les_pr10.jpg

As you can see on this picture I made, the APES (left) protects only shoulder and axiliary. But this system was not easy to use, unconfortable and protect only a small part of body (shoulders, as DAPS for the US Army). So the Oklahoma States University though it was smething good to develop a new protection for full body, compatible with existing body armor like OTV/IBA and try to do reduce weight. Their project is now called "Quadgard". Soldiers in Iraq call it "robocop".

They develop three different model of Quadgard, called "Quadgard III", "Quadgard IV" and "Quadgard V". At this time, I I never heart something else about another previous model.

Both Quadgard and APES system were tested and used only in IRAQ (2005 to 2009). They were made specificaly for turret gunner during convoy to protect them again small arms and fragments.

The Quadgard system was developped in coyote brown for the USMC, and another ACU model. But this last one was only tested in USA and I think it was never used in real combat situation.

Quadgard III :

8w-armor-0.jpg

Quadgard%20IIIbis.jpg

We can easy recognize it because there's no pocket on pants. I also thing he covers only a small parts of rear.

Quadgard IV :

This is the most common and probably well know by some collector. This one was used in Iraq and produce in "big" quantity for turret gunner. Soldier who use this called it "Robocop" and they often worn only arm protector, because trousers is too bigand reduce considerably the movements of body.

Quadgard%20IV.jpg

QuadGuard.jpg

We can easy recognize it because there's big pocket on pants. Inside, there's non ballistic insert that serves to protect knee.

Quadgard V :

And finaly, the Quadgard V is fully removeable. You can remove some parts of Quadgard V depending on operational needs.

Sans%20titre.jpg

Quadgard.jpg

I had the chance to find one Quadgard IV for my collection, so in exclusivity here's some pictures for you ;

IMG_5809.JPGIMG_5810.JPG

IMG_5802.JPGIMG_5803.JPG

IMG_5814.JPG

IMG_5805.JPG

IMG_5811.JPG