Canvas Garrison Belt c. 1918 (Input Requested)

US Victory Museum

US Victory Museum

Photo included is not mine. My camera battery is dead, so I'm recycling someone else's photo.

I've used google images to search for photos of this belt, both on this forum and elsewhere; however,

I have never observed a marked belt. Mills never failed to mark their products. Russell also marked

their products, but their ink stamps seem to more easily wear off.

These belts lack the quality of both Mills and Russell, so my question is, "Who made them?"

I suppose that one or more of the Arsenals could have produced them, or that these are State Guard

acquisitions from some unknown contractor.

Does anyone here (who has one) have a marked one? You must provide a photo, or the proof doesn't

exist. Does anyone have a period photo showing this belt in use? I know the opinions of what a few

authors have publish in the past, but I've also found a lot of errors in their works.

USMF jprostak, have you found a print describing such an item? I've heard them called Model 1918

Garrison Belts, but until I see it in print, then that may just be what collectors colloquially call them.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks, for ya'll's input.

Msn

post-1529-0-20886800-1586383318_thumb.jpg

I have been through all of my drawing and Archival material and can not find anything on these belts and pouches.

Jon P

Msn,

I found a page in one of Stephen Dorsey's book ( U.S. Martial Web Belts and Bandoliers: 1903-1981) that references the type belt you show. This is what it says:

post-60-0-06041000-1586402220_thumb.jpg

post-60-0-86055400-1586402231.jpg