42nd ID WWII lieutenant, research suggestions

36thIDAlex

Hey everyone, not to post two days in a row but I was meant to throw this on here in hopes anyone had suggestions for further research. I found it buried under a pile of uniforms at the SOS and couldnt help but pick it up after I saw it still had all the insignia and was named. Unfortunately the seller had no more info on the veteran as he bought it from a fellow collector who got it at an estate at a show too far back to remember.

I was wondering if anyone thinks I have a chance of getting the ID for this jacket? Inside a tag is written “Frank Young” and the initials FR sewn right about the pocket. Also in the neck is the laundry number Y0577. Luckily, only one unit in the division was awarded the PUC, the 222nd IR. While this helps narrow it down, no Frank Young shows up in the postwar unit history. My belief is that he was probably was transferred at some point before the publication as all the insignia are original and seem to have been on there a long time.

I don’t know whether it is possible given the generic nature of his name or if even having an officer laundry number helps as I am unaware of any databases for such information. I have always been impressed with the folks on here so I figured it was my best place to turn.

Posted Image

The lieutenant bars are on there but we’re separate from the uniform. I put them on for the photos but I am not ruling out the potentiality of a later promotion for research purposes.

Posted Image

Nice European made bar

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gerradtgrant

I own the book The Furnace and the Fire which is a 222nd IR book of there time in WWII. It was written in 45-46 and has there whole roster and what awards where won. When I get home from work I will take a look for you. Or if someone on here has it they might be able to answer more quickly than I can.

Gerrad

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I own the book The Furnace and the Fire which is a 222nd IR book of there time in WWII. It was written in 45-46 and has there whole roster and what awards where won. When I get home from work I will take a look for you. Or if someone on here has it they might be able to answer more quickly than I can.

Gerrad

That is the roster I looked through, I got it through inter library loan in my school library. Unfortunately he does not show up and from what I can guess, based on the number of names, it isn’t showing all the transfers by that time.

Gerradtgrant

That's really unfortunate. Good luck, hopefully something will come together for you.