94th ID Grouping Screwback CIB

Cpl. Punishment

Cpl. Punishment

Hello all,

Here is a beautiful 94th ID grouping right from the woodwork! I am unable to find out which regiment of the 94th this man served in, as his records were destroyed, so if anybody has any rosters, Id love some help! This is all named to Earl F. E v a n s. The uniforms feature a large amount of German made insignia. The most interesting part is the ike jacket. It was reissued to Earl, as it has another mans name and service number (as well as Earls), but the CIB actually has two screw back posts. This is the first example I have seen that is on a uniform. I was going to check the back for markings, but it has been on since the war, and it is quite a tight fit, so i decided against it.

I hope you all enjoy seeing it as much as I do!

Thanks,

Cpl.

post-164911-0-19234700-1585827502_thumb.jpeg

post-164911-0-83750800-1585827521_thumb.jpeg

Cpl. Punishment

I dont have good photos of the DIs at the moment, but here is what I have. Ill get more photos tonight. The DIs on the ike are screwbacks and the DI on the other uniform are theatre made. Some of the white enamel is chipped off

post-164911-0-20583800-1585835572_thumb.jpeg

Cpl. Punishment

Super nice grouping. Are the Overseas Bars bullion?

Yes they are! This man loved his custom made insignia!

Brian Keith

Great uniforms! Post-war, the 1st ID, 26th Infantry were some of the guards at Nuremburg War Crimes Trials. Any indication he was?

BKW

Cpl. Punishment

Great uniforms! Post-war, the 1st ID, 26th Infantry were some of the guards at Nuremburg War Crimes Trials. Any indication he was?

BKW

It is quite possible! He was overseas from February 1945 until March 1946. He was Co. F 26th IR, so I would imagine this is a possibility.

I wish I could figure out what regiment he served with in the 94th though.

Brian Keith

As you say, his records were lost in the infamous St. Louis fire, it might still be worth paying one of the professional researchers to look. I read posts where the government workers weren't able to find anything, but the paid professional did. Probably worth the cost with such a great uniform set. Maybe you already have.

BKW

• 5 months later...