black BDU

Philip

it maybe like the genuine issue British black windproof smocks and trousers. People jump all over saying SAS issue etc.. when in fact they are genuine issue to MOD Police only.

I don't know much about this garment, other than the fact that it isn't commercial

or a knock-off.

I imagine it's manufactured purpose was for some type of law enforcement or anti-terrorist

type units.

Maybe even used by the SEALS at one point, but once again....I am not so sure, as this is not

within my area of collecting.

Just my two-cents.

Duffy

Members of the U.S. Air Force 60th Security Forces Squadron SWAT Team, Travis Air Force Base, California, USA

Members_of_the_60th_Security_Police_Squadron

This could be them

Schnicklfritz

UNICOR(maker on the tag) is the Federal Prison Industries System. Federal Inmates are employed to do the work and to learn a skill. This particular set would be for use by some Federal organization like the ATF or such.. UNICOR makes a wide variety of items, from the new Army combat uniforms, body armour, webgear, office equipment, etc...

http://www.unicor.gov/

• 1 year later...

I was given a large grouping of items by an Air Force Security Forces guy...in the bag was a black BDU hat..he said that they wore these inside Camp Bucca (Internment Facility) rather than their standard BDUs....

Mark sends

Misanthropic_Gods

Some OPFOR teams also wear Black BDU's, such as OPFOR at JRTC Ft. Polk (No patches on theirs), and OPFOR at JMRC Hohenfels

Ft. Polk

SWIC1.JPG

Hohenfels

JMRC013.jpg

post-943-1197053174.jpg

• 4 years later...
ehrentitle

I'm resurrecting this thread to ask a question. Have any of you run across these black uniforms that were dyed DCU/desert uniforms? In this photo of the Chief of Staff of the Army meeting OPFOR NCOs Force at the Joint Multinational Readiness Center in Hohenfels, Germany April 3, 2012, it appears that the two NCOs on the left have desert name tapes that have been dyed while the remainder of the insignia is woodland.

6909370920_691f624d6b_c.jpg

flashesandovals

I think that these tapes are regular subdued (not desert dyed black). German made tapes tend to appear a bit "grayish" when washed.

Those "off colored" name tapes might also be embroidered on nylon, which gives them a distinctly different color. This was a popular option in the late 90s and early 2000s.

Also want to correct a bit of disinformation earlier in this thread: OPFOR at JRTC Fort Polk does not wear black BDUs as their standard OPFOR uniform (didn't back in 2010 when that comment was made either). They wear plain OD green as their standard and then have a variety of other costumes based on the training scenario.

There is no one single correct answer for these as they are/have been used by police, OPFOR, Spec Ops, airsofters, and many, many other people over the years.