Is this WW1 purple heart a post ww2 government re issue?

WW2UsCollector

WW2UsCollector

Hello so i'm looking to buy a medal grouping that has all the family generation medals i asked a friend about the purple heart from ww1 and he said its probably a post ww2 government re-issue is that true?

1wwwwwwwww5.png1wwwwwwwww6.png

BigJohn#3RD

It could be initial issue. I have tone from December 1953 and another from September 1965. Engraving from 50's on ver simular. What type of broach is on the medal, and does it have a case? Is there any paperwork or AGO card with the set?

WW2UsCollector

Theres no case. No paper work. I just bought it displayed it has all the familys medals in it spanning 3 generations.1wwwwwwwww4.png

everforward

From what I see, it looks like this soldier was 29th Division AEF, and judging by the date he was wounded (16 Oct ‘18) it happened while taking the Molleville Farm and the push toward the Bois de la Grand Montagne....wounded enough to take him out of combat for the duration and an early ticket home to the US.

I also have a later issue PH to a 29th Vet from WW1, the medal and engraving look late WW2 to maybe post-war. I also have his ‘Columbia’ wound certificate, I will post them here for comparison.

everforward

Here is the PH that was awarded to WW1 veteran Sampson Horrocks, B/114th, 29th Division AEF. Best that I can tell (pls. correct me if I’m wrong) this is a WW2-era manufactured PH with late WW2 or post-war style engraving.....perhaps he just took his time about requesting a medal, who knows.........

post-8237-0-01521700-1585508012_thumb.jpeg