Krag sling

SARGE

After a year or so of searching for a proper M1887 sling for my 1900 dated Krag rifle, I found a nice one at SOS. So, here is the sling that I bought and installed on my Krag. This is the later sling with beefy brass hooks as opposed to the earlier style with smaller brass hooks. The thing I liked about this sling is that it still retains most of its russet leather color and it is in nice undamaged condition. The other thing I liked about it is that it is named to the soldier who used it.

Krag sling.JPG

Krag sling hooks.JPG

Krag sling loops.JPG

Krag sling name.JPG

Krag sling installed.JPG

Sarge, nice sling and rifle (from what I can see). Coincidentally I also have a 1900 dated M1898 Krag, and found a sling at the SOS three years ago. Small world.

Thanks for the kudos guys. You can find almost anything at SOS if you have sharp eyes and your head on a swivel it seems. I was happy to find this sling and take one more thing off my want list. .

Here is a link to an earlier discussion of my rifle. I have not shot it but it is shoot-able and in excellent condition. It has a small area of flaking blue on the receiver but there is no real damage anywhere. The stock really is nice with a couple of cartouche. I picked up a 1900 dated bayonet that is also in excellent condition shortly after I got the Krag so the sling was the last missing piece.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/318741-krag-m-1898-rifle/

And, here is a link to a discussion of the 1900 dated Krag bayonet.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/319321-us-krag-bayonet/

everforward

My Krag (miss it miss it miss it) was a 1900 rifle with a matching date bayonet, but the sling I had on mine was an off-white colored canvas sling which I was told was a tropical issue sling.....it looked pretty cool on the rifle. Wish I had a pic to share.