Colonel Edwards uniform

JakeBird6684

Hey all,

This was my final purchase of this SOS, I believe it a colonel Edmund B Edwards. He served in 5 battles in WWI, 4 in WW2 and was transferred to an armored unit in Korea. Im not 100% sure that the name I found is the officer Edwards on the jacket. Any help identifying the Edwards belonging to this uniform would be great.

On the back of the Nametag, it says hes from Aurora IL.

Also the reserve corps medal-15 years nobody says theyve seen before, so finding out that it would also be great.

Thanks

Jake Bird

post-201964-0-91737100-1582515141_thumb.jpeg

post-201964-0-84881300-1582515166_thumb.jpeg

The 21st Armd Div activated in the reserves in Michigan and Illinois, so theirs your Illinois connection. In November 1946, it was reflagged as the 70th Infantry Division out of Detroit Michigan in 1952, and I think that' the end of it's association with Illinois.

So coat would of been worn in that time period, as a Full Colonel in an Armored Division, he would probably been a divisional staff officer, at division level or the armored division combat commands, as these division's combat units contained only battalions, these being the Infantry and Tank, which are commanded by Lieutenants Colonel.

What is that badge on the left pocket please?