WW2 Air Corps found England

Simon Lerenfort

Simon Lerenfort
Trying to find out some information for a local museum exhibit, a tag belonging to a Pvt Elmer C Lawrence, ASN: 12165095. I've only managed to find his enlistment records, he was New Jersey, born 1924 and at some point came across the Atlantic. He appears to be a Private in the Air Corps but that is as far as I can get. Please can anyone else expand on this?

Here's what I was able to find. Seems to be a match on the date of birth as well as date of enlistment (that being 2 Nov 42) between the enlistment record and National Guard Register. I found his WWII Draft card but for some reason it won't let me pull it up without a "Premium Subscription". Normally, I can get into all this free with my metropolitan library account but something is not letting me. Maybe someone with a paid subscription can pull it up and share it here. Also, I can't seem to find when he died or where he's buried and I couldn't seem to find any newspaper articles about his service. Anyway, hope this helps.

Source: FamilySearch.org, Army National Guard Register from 1957, and Fold3

n1.jpg

n3.jpg

n2.jpg

n4.jpg

Simon Lerenfort

Thank you. You have been most kind. I too could find no trace of his passing, nor mention of him anywhere else. If someone can manage to open his draft card that would be very useful.

Thanks again.

Simon

Simon Lerenfort

That is very interesting RAM957, thank you.

I will have a search to see if this might be him and his wife (GI bride it might appear to be).