WW2 USN Mark 2 Opinion

cerick1450

Hello

Is this a correct WW2 Mark2? Is the scabbard correct?

the scabbard appear to be marked on the reverse BMCo and NORD 6591 (6581??) plus the other proofs as seen in the photo below.

It has a single pin on the end of the handle. The scabbard is more grey in appearance than the pictures show. Also, I for got the other side of the blade is marked Camillus.

thank you for the help..

post-13198-0-55743000-1580498659_thumb.jpg

post-13198-0-34033400-1580498667.jpg

Looks good to me. The scabbard is from the June 1944 contract (6581), no contract number for (6591). Thanks for showing! SKIP

One more question. The scabbard is lightly marked by the original owner with his initials and

SSSI

Any idea what that may signify?

Thank you in advance for the assistance.

Hi,

Do you really mean that on one side of the blade it says KA-BAR and the other side says Camillus? Am I missing something?

Looks he said he forgot the other side said Camillus (well, would be Camillus, NY), no mention of KA-BAR that I saw. :)

I already knew I was crazy. Im just glad everyone else knows so we can all be on the same page. I thought I saw Ka-BAR on the blade. It was Mark 2 Oh well, I guess I can go away now.

Marv

I already knew I was crazy. Im just glad everyone else knows so we can all be on the same page. I thought I saw Ka-BAR on the blade. It was Mark 2 Oh well, I guess I can go away now.

Marv

Naw, don't you dare!! We need your insight here!

Mark

Likewise.

If I had a nickel for every mistake I made, I would be a millionaire..... That is what is great about this forum, we all learn from each others questions....

I am so glad you posted this. My MK 2 is identical, looks unissued, but sheath is marked NORD - 4723 B.M. Co 3. I was reluctant to post its photo and ask if it was legit., because my very first post here was an Camillus M3 and it was a one pin repro. Figured with my luck the MK2 was fake too.

I am so glad you posted this. My MK 2 is identical, looks unissued, but sheath is marked NORD - 4723 B.M. Co 3. I was reluctant to post its photo and ask if it was legit., because my very first post here was an Camillus M3 and it was a one pin repro. Figured with my luck the MK2 was fake too.

Sounds ok..that is just the earlier contract..and once in the Navy system, any MK2 could be mated with any sheath, they didn't care about the contract numbers.

As far as MK1 and MK2 sheaths go, I haven't come across any reproductions of those sheaths as of this posting. IMHO, there isn't likely to be enough of a market potential for someone to be motivated enough to put them into manufacture, at least for the near future.