Help needed, who made this M1?

thorin6

Picked up this rusty helmet at the flea market for a project, but can't figure out if it's a McCord or Schlueter. Its a rear seam, swivel bail, stainless steel rim so I'm thinking made around October-November 1944. Dimples for the seam appear to be circular. I cannot find a heat lot number or other markings on it thanks to the old paint and rust, even after cleaning the dust and junk out from the inside. Here are some pictures, the side view, the rear seam, and a swivel bail.

Thanks for any help.

post-11546-0-94135800-1580083385_thumb.jpg

post-11546-0-79740200-1580083394_thumb.jpg

post-11546-0-52420900-1580083405_thumb.jpg

RememberThe5thESB

It's foreign. The metal on the bails should fold beneath the spot welded sections, not above. This and the "bill" of the helmet has way too much of a steep angle. Probably a German clone by the look of it.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

It's foreign. The metal on the bails should fold beneath the spot welded sections, not above. This and the "bill" of the helmet has way too much of a steep angle. Probably a German clone by the look of it.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

That was my next guess, but for the project it really doesn't matter. I will feel better if it's not a WW2 helmet.