2nd air force help

Mr.B

Hi everyone,

I was just curious as if anyone has a roster or could help me id a 2nd airforce uniform? Do they have rosters so I could id the person or am I just wasting my time?

Let me know

Thanks

Scott

The 2nd Air Force like the other three stateside Air Forces in WWII, the 1st, 3rd and 4th Air Forces where huge, each covering a geographic location in the United States, they had a myriad of units large and small directly assigned to them. Normally a search for a wearer of a stateside AF uniform that is named is more successful if the wearer was overseas first, and then assigned to a stateside AF after his tour, these being normally pilots and or aircrewmen this being a combat patch and ribbons are on the coat or jacket, this makes it a little easier to look for.

I guess for starters, a general name search can be done, this might led to more info on his overall service

Thanks for the response

Its a bust then as I have just a laundry number. Thanks

Maybe not...if you hav the number preceeded with the first initial of the last name you could run it on the WW2 enlistment site.If there are several hits with same criteria you may be able to narrow it down a little if you can tie a home of record from the site with the area the uniform came from.