Ladies of the GAR Membership Medal

Javelin4life

A recent acquisition i finally got around to photographing. This is in my opinion an incredibly unusual LGAR medal due to the number of tabs attached to it. Being that this came out of Ashburnham, Massachusetts, I’m hoping to possibly ID this medal based on members who held these specific positions, but without a name/serial number, I know that it will be difficult. Does anyone have further information on the timeframe criteria one would need to meet in order to earn these or each tab? Either way, I’m quite happy with it, and in addition to being in excellent shape, displays quite nicely.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the kind words! Its definitely a unique and possibly one of a kind. Does anyone know What would be the timeframe criteria for earning each tab?

My guess is one year service for each. EBay has old books and pamphlets for sale frequently that outline all of the rules and regulations for the GAR and it’s associated organizations. It’s also possible the rules are in an on line library and can be computer accessed. Again a very cool badge. Thanks for posting Mike