WWII m1 with 05A heat stamp

behm412

I have a WWII M1 helmet with a front seemed stainless rim, swivel bales, swivel ball chin straps, and 05A heat stamp. The liner is Vietnam era Westinghouse from Sept of 64. It has the w and 24 stamped inside. Both are in good condition. I'd like to know more about it's value. Someone please help

the helmet shell is ww2 reissue to vietnam.........with the matching name i would say its worth about 100 to 130........that would be my best estimate

Ok, thanks. I was kinda baffled by the heat stamp. I've never seen another 2 digit before. I want to sell it to someone that would appreciate it, but at the same time I don't want to get ripped off or sell someone a fake. So, thanks again for your input

Reissued ww2 early Schlueter? Looks like circular spot welds? Need clearer shot of front seam. Is there a big S under the number?

ww2.. maybe was a fixed bail. If it was... there should be spot welds on the rim just opposite the bails. On each side.

Fixed bails had a spot weld on the rim on either side of the bails location. I cant tell in your pic because its blurry.

It might be a Korean era reissue because I think I see green painted hardware on the chin strap?

If its black its Vietnam era. Green hardware would be Korean era.

Liner is Vietnam era early 1960's

The heat stamp is more than likely a 3 digit number with the first digit being stamped lightly.

I'd say it's probably worth closer to $40-70, probably closer to the lower end of that estimate. If the helmet was in original WWII configuration it would help the value a bit but being a standard, Vietnam reissue there's not a huge demand.

Based on your second photo it looks like it was once a fixed loop.

The heatstamp is very curious, but it looks like it's a McCord based on the profile. Clearer photos would help.

The straps are 1950s OD green, they look to be in good condition. The liner is a very nice early high pressure with an early sweatband.

Overall it's a very nice looking example of the military reusing helmets, this one is made up of parts from WWII era, Korean War era and Vietnam era. It's very nice and worth more than $40-$70 IMO.

Justin

It looks like a schluter to me based on the photo of the front seam. To me those crimp welds look

like circles..???

And you can see where the fixed Bails used to be attached. Clearer pics??? Would be great.

If its a early fixed bail schlueter or McCord that was converted to swivel bail,

which it appears to be, I'd think over a 100 bucks or right around there? Just for the steel.

Is there a Big S under the number?

post-181333-0-49393100-1576539465.jpg

post-181333-0-55576100-1576539476.jpg