Paratrooper Firestone?

cagedfalcon

.y first Firestone liner. Is this in WW2 configuration? Missing nap strap & sweat band.

Paul Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

No 1964 or later

Couldn't read stencil, is that how you dated it? Still trying to learn.

thunderbolts45

The date would be on the stencil, yes. To me I see a 8 with the digits before it gone so maybe 1968? Unfortunately its too faded for me to tell from the pic.

So definitely VN then.

Thank you all.

If it was ww2 it would have 2 studs on either side inside to hold the loops for the chin strap. It would have tan, not green webbibg brought together in the center by a shoe string. It would have a gromet hole in the front. There are a bunch of examples on the forum. Theres a liners post pinned at the top of the helmet section . You will find examples there.

Example of ww2 liner inside and out.

post-181333-0-55597600-1576382654_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-17714100-1576382667.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

The date would be on the stencil, yes. To me I see a 8 with the digits before it gone so maybe 1968? Unfortunately its too faded for me to tell from the pic.

That's not where the date is. The Format is: "DSA-100-YY-C-####" with YY being the year and #### is the contract number.

Edit right after I commented this I realize there is a digit faintly visible before the C, my apologies. I lean towards a 6 though.

That's not where the date is. The Format is: "DSA-100-YY-C-####" with YY being the year and #### is the contract number.

Edit right after I commented this I realize there is a digit faintly visible before the C, my apologies. I lean towards a 6 though.

Thank you

thunderbolts45

What I ment was I see a 8 before the C so I thought it was "68". Not to be confused with the 8 at the end of the contract #. I have a 68 AB liner just like this one.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

What I ment was I see a 8 before the C so I thought it was "68". Not to be confused with the 8 at the end of the contract #. I have a 68 AB liner just like this one.

Yeah I realized what you meant as soon as I commented, my bad.