Weird WWII Engineer field bag

36thIDAlex

Hey all, my father is a photographer for re-enactments and picked this bag up awhile ago because it was cheap and fit his camera equipment. I thought it was a gas mask bag at first but upon taking a closer look I really can’t figure out what it is. I thought maybe the great minds here on the forum might have something so please take a look!

It has an odd engineer looking mark and some stainage. For sure saw use somewhere.

Alex

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Post WWII Finnish Gas Mask Bag. Large quantities of these came onto the surplus market in the past few years. The basic design is clearly influenced by the WWII US M6 Carrier for the Lightweight Service Mask series (M3 and M4).

Post WWII Finnish Gas Mask Bag. Large quantities of these came onto the surplus market in the past few years. The basic design is clearly influenced by the WWII US M6 Carrier for the Lightweight Service Mask series (M3 and M4).

Thanks for the help! Its near identical as far as material and construction goes to wartime US equipment which is what had me confused. I appreciate the clarification.