One of Basilone's boys. D 1/7 Dog Tags Guadalcanal

nchistory

One of Basilone's boys, enlist the help of Guadalcanal and 1/7 (Puller’s Battalion) historians.

Dog Tags of Donald A. Ellis, Company D, 1/7. Seek any information or historical mention of Ellis. Semper Fi.

post-153086-0-69209800-1575143120_thumb.jpg

Kurt Barickman

The fourth company of each battalion; D, H and M are the weapon companies of each battalion so yes Dog Company according to USMC WWII TOE is attached to 1st battalion.

Kurt

The fourth company of each battalion; D, H and M are the weapon companies of each battalion so yes Dog Company according to USMC WWII TOE is attached to 1st battalion.

Kurt

Thank you many times over Kurt.

Nice set of tags. With the date of the tetanus shots being as they are, it's a safe bet to assume that these tags were worn on the Canal.

Steve

Nice set of tags. With the date of the tetanus shots being as they are, it's a safe bet to assume that these tags were worn on the Canal.

Steve

Tetanus dates do not mean the date of issue of the tag. These are not early type marine tags (fully acid etched or acid etched finger print). It is safe to say they were not worn on the canal.

Steve

Yes Steve, to think it was at the Battle of Henderson Field. Amazing.

Tetanus dates do not mean the date of issue of the tag. These are not early type marine tags (fully acid etched or acid etched finger print). It is safe to say they were not worn on the canal.

Zero possibility? Or just the likelihood?

USdog, thanks for your information, I see you have an extensive collection of tags, outstanding. Given your knowledge, can you date these tags? Or when you think the steel tags came into use by the Marine Corps? I appreciate your thoughts. Have a good one.

USdog, thanks for your information, I see you have an extensive collection of tags, outstanding. Given your knowledge, can you date these tags? Or when you think the steel tags came into use by the Marine Corps? I appreciate your thoughts. Have a good one.

I would say 1944 but no way of knowing for sure. They are wartime however, given the t-date.