WW 2/ KW era Field Made USMC Helmet Covers

pacreamer

I’m trying to get some information together, source some photographs of field made USMC helmet covers. I know there was a recent thread regarding Raiders usage of burlap. I’m looking for information on other types. Perhaps ponchos, mosquito net, etc. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Pete

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soldiers have done this since WW1 and before for sure.... A white bed sheet, it is winter, and your helmet is brown......... Yep, cover it, make it blend in..... Strap it on and tie it up....! I bet since the ancient Greek days. this has gone on........... Don't stand out.... The first guy who stands out gets killed, or the guy carrying the colors........... Killed early and often, not a good thing. Just ask the guy in the American Civil War who held the Brigade Flag.... Yep, you can't, he was killed very early......... And the 7 other guys who picked the flag up after him........... As for the burlap....... Yes, seen many pictures......... Only a few in hand......... Regards, Chris

Yes, I agree. That makes total sense. I guess I was just looking for photos, WW2 period or examples in collections, that exhibit field made helmet covers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

s9ktl2tasim71.jpg.47d29069bf58d836a2a3de6d57e4eb23.jpg
Coast Guard cinematographer Charles W. Bossert shows off the damage to his Bell & Howell Eyemo 35mm movie camera caused by shrapnel from a Japanese mortar on Iwo Jima.

• 2 weeks later...