Collectors Beware! Study this One.

SKIPH

Just found this Camillus M3 on ebay! Ebay item # 293329735183. Seller has a starting bid of .99 cents. Someone did a lot of work attempting to make this a WW2 version. Check it out, 1) Extra pommel pin added(pins not centered like original) 2) Parkerized finish looks as though it was sanded down enough to be blued ( looks like cold/gun blue, can see the streaks) 3) Lastly the dealer has a start price of .99 cents, & makes no mention of "original WW2 Camillus". (Suspect he knows it's been enhanced). Also keep in mind original Camillus blade marked M3s, the "Camillus" stamp is much smaller than the "US M3". Don't know the seller. New collectors to the hobby study up, don't get fooled! If someone could post the ad, it would be appreciated. THX SKIP

It burns me up when people list stuff in the "original" sections, then, when you called them out on it they say something like... well, doesn't say original in the title or listing.

This guy has enough stuff listed, I'm sure he knows the difference.

It burns me up when people list stuff in the "original" sections, then, when you called them out on it they say something like... well, doesn't say original in the title or listing.

Had a similar experience recently. It was a photograph that looked good in the sellers photos, so I purchased. When I complained, seller said they never said it was antique and refused to refund.

Opened an ebay case and got the full refund. It was an annoying experience-- sounded like the seller had done it before and gotten away with it.

Scott

Here's a close up of the blade tip from the pic's on the auction.

It's another tell, IMHO.

So far I've only seen these parallel tool marks on blades made after WW2. Something to do with changes in the manufacturing process, I suppose.

post-17422-0-98085200-1573752877_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting MattS. One thing I did see on this seller's listings was he had a "FZR" M7. Price was like $260. But, now I'm suspicious, after we spoke about faked Frazier M7s a while back. I'm not gonna buy it, so if anyone is willing to take a chance , "go for it". SKIP

• 2 weeks later...