• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mds308

mds308
  • Members
    • Member ID: 165,739
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 04:50 PM

I found these on bell crown covers.  I'm not sure about them.  The one on the left is 1 5/8 inches tall and has a nice patina.  I believe the screw back and washer are a white metal.  No makers marks.  The larger EGA on the right measures 1 3/4 inches tall, looks much newer (looks unused) and the screw back is marked THE VICTORY PATENTED.  No other markings.  Please help.  Thanks.

Attached Images

• IMG_6657.JPG
  • IMG_6659.JPG

#2 warguy

warguy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 21,606
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:25 PM

Well you hit it out of the park with the one on the right. WWI vintage Ellis Officers Service cap piece, very desirable and valuable.

#3 mds308

mds308
  • Members
    • Member ID: 165,739
  • 506 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 05:59 PM

This was the one I found attached to the nicer bell crown cover.  It looks so perfect and new that I had a hard time believing it was old.  I will post images of the hat soon.  Any ideas on the other EGA?  Thank you for the great news.

#4 warguy

warguy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 21,606
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:44 AM

The other one appears to be an EM service cap piece from WWII. Not a lot of value there. The bellvrown the Ellis came off of, was it an officers or enlisted mans hat? If officers, that one could have great value as well. By the way it looks righteous and the spinner in the back with the markings are correct formthis piece as well.

#5 Brig

Brig

SENIOR MODERATOR

• Senior Moderators
    • Member ID: 22
  • 22,036 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:15 PM

Yes...left is WWII enlisted P1937...lucky to get ten bucks for them these days. The Ellis is scarce and sought after, it has a history of maintaining its finish this long...they are often found with that much intact. It was a popular emblem in its day and continues to be

Edited by Brig, 13 November 2019 - 03:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users