Vietnamese copies of British bush hats?

jlhworks

Hello,

Thought I would share these two Viet made bush hats. The green one came from a 101st vet's estate and the black one came with a 5th SFG beret and a mini smoke grenade.

Anyone else seen others like these? As I said in the title, they look to be copies of British bush hats. On the black one you can see where the screened vents were crudely reapplied. Assuming they were robbed from a US jungle hat.

Thanks

Jack

post-160076-0-89115800-1573005522.jpg

They are British they arent copies the British army had a cap like this the black one is probably just dyed. Not surprised a US soldier got them, probably traded for them

Thanks for the replies. Australian...I see it 100%.

You guys sure the green one isn't locally made? The stitching doesn't match up with any examples I can find online.

What's interesting is here's an example that is Asian manufacture. So we know they were copying them...

https://www.awm.gov.au/collection/C993362

post-160076-0-67141000-1573154908_thumb.jpg

Those are british jungle hat not australian. Australian giggle hat is different. I sold my entire aussie collection and have no pics available. But the Australians and Kiwis wore british hats throughout the war. I believe the British Army supplied tons of them to ANZAC troops during the State of Emergency