Ontario Air Force Survival Knife Questions

jeed

I just picked this up at a show over the weekend. I've never seen one of these knives without the date code. I'm sure it's very new manufacture.

Is this uncommon or is this how they are marked now.

Thanks for any info

post-3057-0-56594500-1572838136.jpeg

post-3057-0-60383700-1572838148.jpeg

Don't think I've seen a undated one. Where did you get it? I think they sell these at walmart? If they do they may not be dated. I get one through Sportsmans guide a few years ago and it was dated.

The ones sold at Walmart these days don't have a fullered blade, the swage is not sharpened, and the sheath isn't what we are used to with Government issue JPSK sheaths.

I got it at the Voyles knife show that was in Pigeon Forge, TN over the weekend.

I collect Camillus so usually check the maker & date on these.

I bought it because of the no date and paid for 22.00 for it.

I figured for that it was worth trying to find out if it was a rare one of a kind million dollar find of the century.

Here's one that was sold on-line and in stores, Ontario dated 3-11. No fuller, but the sheath is typical. They are still out there, pretty much just like the military issue.

post-11546-0-44527400-1572909886_thumb.jpg

I was told by people working at Ontario that their unique pilot's knife is made specifically by them for Walmart, as well as a modified version of their 1219C2 (fighting/utility knife.

• 1 month later...

I only see Walmart Ontario JPSKs with the fullered blades on their website...if the photos displayed are to be believed as current. My initial thoughts were that possibly Walmart requested Ontario to do a run of the unfullered knives since the belief that fullers are blood grooves runs rampant within the general populace.

Ontario did a 498 Mod as well, mk2 style, but no fuller, plain handle, unground swage...

s-l1600.jpg

I have one, and it's a great hiking/camping bushcraft MK2 styled knife, feels super beefy due to no fuller and full thickness spine to tip of blade. Parkerized and mil-spec otherwise!