Question about helmet net with band display

ken88

Hey,

I finally decided to put this helmet net (with band type) on a helmet. I like it a lot, but was wondering if the elastic/neoprene band is fail-safe? Can age affect the elasticity and if so how long can it stay on? Was thinking about leaving it on for a long time...

Thanks!

Best regards

Ken

m44net.jpg

m44net2.jpg

To my knowledge it is a WWII band. I still have the original WWII cardboard tag with instructions. It is tied to the net in the back and like you say is extremely stiff, so stiff you almost need a special tool to make it fit on a helmet kind of stiff, which is exactly why I am asking. I'm worried there's so much pressure it might snap because of the effort it took to get it on. But I presume these bands are so well made snapping won't be a problem. However, I'm worried that over time the elasticity that is left in it will be gone and the band will have taken the shape of the helmet.

I dont think your band will snap it will just stretch itself out and lose its elasticity and eventually fit loosely, not a totally bad thing as it will still fit on the helmet for display no problem.....mike

To my knowledge it is a WWII band. I still have the original WWII cardboard tag with instructions. It is tied to the net in the back and like you say is extremely stiff, so stiff you almost need a special tool to make it fit on a helmet kind of stiff, which is exactly why I am asking. I'm worried there's so much pressure it might snap because of the effort it took to get it on. But I presume these bands are so well made snapping won't be a problem. However, I'm worried that over time the elasticity that is left in it will be gone and the band will have taken the shape of the helmet.

+1