Iceland Forces Patch?

1stMinn

Sorry for delay, had connection problems for a few days. Here are the pages from Heraldry at War showing Iceland patches. We can never have too much information

post-5599-1236772453.jpg

• 2 years later...

Dear all,

Here is a new update of my Polar bear collection. I have around 90 of them now including 5 of the metal bear patches. If anyone has the "Z Force" patch

with head facing to the left, I will trade for a metal bear patch.

All patch king and copies removed and kept seperate.

2011collection.jpg

Reg

Hinrik

• 1 year later...
Patchcollector

Hi all,

I found this,and a few other threads about this patch to be very interesting.I just picked up a matching set,and I'm going to post the sellers' photos of them,as I have not yet received them.Hinrik,congratulations on your magnificent collection! :o I believe that I have the variation that is the second down,on the far left.Reading through the various threads on this patch,I noticed a remark left by one who wondered why there would be so many variations of this patch,since there were not many troops.Well,I have a theory on this:perhaps because of the isolation,many Marines had little to do,so some fabricated "theatre made" versions.You know soldiers,when they have time on their hands,they get bored and start getting creative!Of course,from what I learned from you,the local inhabitants there also made versions for sale.All in all,great reading,thanks everyone for contributing to this fascinating subject for a great patch!

Here are photos,supplied by the seller,of the pair that I picked up.I will post better photos when I receive them.

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

ZoomButt.gif

post-13386-0-16625900-1362446305.jpg

Patchcollector

Here is a pic from an earlier post here showing what looks like the same variation as what I have.Notice the marks on the ice,they match mine almost identically,which is pretty amazing for hand made patches!

post-13386-0-93147300-1362447110.jpg