40mm linked M385 practice rounds

I have the correct projectile of one of those rounds but incorrect casing. Now I need to find the right one with a link on it. Would like to start collecting Army Aviation ordnance.

To wet your appetite, my 2.75" 17 pounder FFAR rocket, with Fibre tubes. The 17 pounder had a larger warhead than the regular rocket.post-180924-0-42804200-1570500199_thumb.jpeg

I have the correct projectile of one of those rounds but incorrect casing. Now I need to find the right one with a link on it. Would like to start collecting Army Aviation ordnance.

Gunbroker has occasionally 40mm empty cases and complete rounds, mostly current issued, Vietnam dated ones hard to find. Linked carry a premium...I am looking for an inert TOW missile ( used on the S models), only one I saw years ago brought $9K....I should have jumped on it...

I believe the projectile I have is a early 70s dated one as well. It was fired, has a nice ding in the side of the nose of it. I forget what the M # the shell with it is, but is has the .38 looking shell primer on the rear of the case.

Thats exactly the stuff Id love to look for. A nice 2.75 rocket would be great, or maybe 2. 1 with the old 4 fold out fins and 1 with the 3 pop outs. There used to be alot more of the rockets and even inert warheads around but they have dried up alot. Ive never seen a TOW for sale, tubes yes but not the actual missle.

Theres one item Id love to find complete which is kind of part ordnance and part ALSE. One of the AH-1 TOW tubes that was built specifically to be AMSS survival kit. Has a fixed rear cover and a removable front that has 2 bags linked together by a snap link full of the survival equipment per the AMSS contents. The Cobras carried them on the starboard outboard upper position on the TOW rack.

Ive also been collecting various ammo cans used with Army aircraft like the 1500rnd 7.62mm linked 20mm size cans for miniguns as well as filling up the boxes for M60Ds and M240Hs. Back in Vietnam my father's unit sometimes used these 20mm size cans that had the 1500 rounds for their M60D on the Hueys vs the usual XM-21 system's can.