Garand en blocs, M1A1 booby trap device.

I was at the Atlanta gun show and noticed the price of enblocs....$3 each ( new AEC production, HXP and vintage Taiwanese made). As I am a shooter, I have enough for shooting, but what is the going price of WW2 dated ones? I have maybe three dozen WW2 vintage, filled with WW2 dated ball and I noticed none to be found recently. Discussion welcomed......I did find a nice M1A1 pressure device ( booby trap item) for $15, and a few rolls of OD/ yellow wire on spools for 2$ each so all was not for naught...post-180924-0-78953300-1569785960_thumb.jpeg

Question: my M1A1 is totally unmarked, anyone familiar, how can it be dated? The seller stated his devices ( he had many types, mousetrap, pull) came from an EOD man...this one was the only one with the adapter on it to screw into a grenade.

In regards to the enblocs, you can pick up the WW2 dated ones fairly cheap on Ebay. Probably less than $3 each if you buy a group of them. As for the ww2 dated ammo, from what I understand that's getting harder to find and more expensive. Even just getting empty ww2 brass can be tough.

The last time I bought enblocs I picked up 30 of them for $50 shipped, so a little less than $2/round. About half of them were WW2 (mostly IS marked). I see them at shows for $2/each (generally BRW marked) and occasionally for $1, but I have enough so I generally pass by. I might add I have 40-60 rounds of WW2 M2 ball in boxes, so I guess I could fill some of the WW2 enblocs with correct ammo.

• 2 weeks later...