How do you display your grenades?

colt thompson

Right now mine just sit on a counter in my gun room. I've started adding hang tags to identify what they each are. I'd like some other way to display them. I tried hanging them on the slot wall but that looked worse in my opinion

post-15691-0-16090300-1569513844_thumb.jpg

post-15691-0-13834200-1569513852_thumb.jpg

Very desirable collection you have. How do I display? Firstly, grenades by themselves okay, add the Fibre containers ( harder than grenades to find) , then a vintage wooden crate ( even more difficult)...Grenade, container, crate, pile them together. I do this with my ordnance. A quick pic of a practice grenade to get the idea. The crate essential when transporting to shows and events.post-180924-0-54650700-1569613987_thumb.jpeg

That's a fantastic crate. Is it original? It looks perfect

Yes, original, but fairly modern date. Interestingly, ordinance crates are very, very, difficult to find. I buy when found. WW2 crates getting crazy prices, as are post war ones. I have been zeroing in on ordinance crates for my ordnance collection, trying to get dates to match the marked rounds. Great for storage and transporting to events.post-180924-0-51726000-1569614521_thumb.jpeg

One day I can find a dedicated room instead of a garage to display it all....all the crates are full of matching ordnance....taking years to complete....but, crates and containers add that special look.post-180924-0-41562100-1569615420_thumb.jpeg

I have one of those mint untouched ones that sold a while back. I bought the kind of glass bell jar you get at hobby lobby, drilled it, inserted an earth magnet below the surface of the wood base to help keep it upright, and now it's safe from dust and fingerprints!