Mexican Border Service Medal - OK NG

el_jefe52

Here's a picture of one of the better looking Mexican Border Service Medals issued by the various states. I was fortunate enough to pick this up on Ebay early last year.

I noticed that there aren't too many National Guard medals pictured, so thought I show one of my favorites from my collection. If there is any interrest in NG medals, I would be happy to post more.

Robin

post-4254-1230912668.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Fred Borgmann
Here's a picture of one of the better looking Mexican Border Service Medals issued by the various states. I was fortunate enough to pick this up on Ebay early last year.

I noticed that there aren't too many National Guard medals pictured, so thought I show one of my favorites from my collection. If there is any interrest in NG medals, I would be happy to post more.

Robin

Strange with all that space on the reverse that they didn't put the state name any where on the medal!

That's probably the reason this one went for so little. There is no way to ID which state this came from.

From what I've seen, only 3 medals from the OK NG have any writting/inscription on the back;

Murrah Federal Building Service Medal

Selected Reserve Force Medal

and the 1st issue of the Operation Desert Storm Medal

In fact, 6 of the medals issued by the OK NG do not ID which state they are from, including the Distinguished Service Cross, their highest award.

Robin