Star Insignia Company 13S

triplecanopy

Here is one I had to look up as I never encountered this hallmark before. This Parachute badge is marked 13S which is the hallmark for Star Insignia Company. This is the only one I have ever seen and there is little information available about this company. It is also marked sterling and is a pinback, so I would suspect that it was made in the 1950's. Anyone else encounter this hallmark?

post-48217-0-81321200-1568924032_thumb.jpg

The front looks like the typical 'Yarborough' design, so I'll not post it unless asked. Here is a better angle of the hallmark 13S.

post-48217-0-21599800-1568924313.jpg

Interesting paratrooper wing. I have never seen this governmental manufacturing code (13C) before. What list did you look up as the hallmark list that I have does not list a Star Insignia Company or 13C. The wing itself looks like it was made from a C. Polk Company die. However their hallmarked wings are all clutch back but a number of unmarked wings have surfaced without any hallmarks but are pin back.

Interesting paratrooper wing. I have never seen this governmental manufacturing code (13C) before. What list did you look up as the hallmark list that I have does not list a Star Insignia Company or 13C. The wing itself looks like it was made from a C. Polk Company die. However their hallmarked wings are all clutch back but a number of unmarked wings have surfaced without any hallmarks but are pin back.

post-1389-0-90663300-1568927075_thumb.jpg

post-1389-0-44973100-1568927087.jpg

The reference where I found the Star Insignia Company listed with 13S is simply entitled HALLMARK Numbers. It is not attributed and is ten pages of alpha-numeric numbers that go from 1A to Z-21. I do not know who compiled the list or how accurate it is. I also see that another reference list complied by Brian E. some years ago also lists Star Insignia Company as item # 184 on page 70. This is an early work that is more like a guide on makers of jump wings. I hope that info is useful. If I can help further, let me know.