Some Items To ID

1srelluc

I found a zippered flyer's bag full of mostly 60s era US and ARVN stuff and there were some items in there that I can't ID.

For all I know they could all be commercial as none have any markings.

First up:

About the only way I can describe it is a thin/light nylon blanket/sleeping bag (when snapped together) with a thin layer of insulation. No hole for use as a poncho. It's very well made.

DSCN9301-2.jpg

DSCN9302-2.jpg

Next up is a rucksack....No marking, rubberized cotton duck.

DSCN9307-2.jpg

DSCN9304-2.jpg

Next is a "jungle hammock" of some kind, no markings. It is well made. I've never seen a half-mesh/straps bottom on one like it. It is OD and sage green.

DSCN9305-2.jpg

That's it.....Thanks!

Ruck looks like one of those cidg/sf/sog unmarked rucksacks from the Vietnam War

Winner!

It's called a CISO Indiginous Rucksack. Counter Insurgency Support Office (CISO) designed the indigenous rucksack based on a VC/NVA design on request of the Special Forces in Vietnam. The rucksack was made from rubberized cotton canvas that was water resistant, had a thin waist strap and featured three outside front pockets and a back map pocket inside the flap. Though designed for indigenous personnel and their advisors, the rucksack was also popular with SOG Recon teams before the Tropical Rucksack become a more common item.

One down and two to go. :)