Order of the Purple Numb Skull?

mikie

In a display of my usual brilliance, tonight I managed to bang my head against my PASGT helmet I have hanging on a hook. Twice. Now the back of my head hurts. The second time I also knocked the Adrian helmet off its hook. It missed my foot by about an inch. I thought it may be an idea to have an award for injuries received in action while militaria collecting. Another time I cut my finger on a jagged edge on the scabbard of my 1863 NCO sword. I knew it was there but forgot about it. Still have the scar from that one. Anyone else have any booboos received in action with our collections? Just to be clear, this in no way intended As disrespect to our wounded veterans. I honor them all most highly.

Mikie

When I was working at Manion's auction in the 1980's, one of the girls put an M1902 Officer's sword with no scabbard in a box point up. She then slid it under a shelf with the blade sticking out. I walked into in and ran it over an inch into my thigh. When I told Ron Manion about it and that I was going to go to the emergency room, he told mem that it was my own stupidity for not watching where I was going and that if I went to the hospital, he would fire me. Of course now I know that what he was saying was illegal, but he wasn't the most ethical of people.

Allan