Help with Airship wing with six pointed star G maker mark

tarbridge

Can’t tell you anything about the maker or weather or not it’s authentic. But if opinions matter it gets a thumbs up from me. Robert you continue to get some amazing pieces. I hope it’s right. Mike

Cant tell you anything about the maker or weather or not its authentic. But if opinions matter it gets a thumbs up from me. Robert you continue to get some amazing pieces. I hope its right. Mike

Thanks Mike...

Robert,

I also can’t tell you anything about the maker or weather or not it’s authentic, however, I can tell you that the die was beautifully and professionally engraved and the wing very well struck.

Dick

Robert,

I also cant tell you anything about the maker or weather or not its authentic, however, I can tell you that the die was beautifully and professionally engraved and the wing very well struck.

Dick

Thanks Dick.

Robert,

When I worked for Goodyear many moons ago, I had the joyful experience of visiting the Blimp Hanger out near Akron. In the hanger they had a number of vintage pieces from their lighter than air program to include their work with the army and the navy. In their collection is a pair of wings EXACTLY like the ones you have. To be clear, they had some fakes (Meyer restrikes) too, but there were some great wings in the mix. It is POSSIBLE that the wing was made by GOODYEAR for their blimp pilots. Their current blimp pilot wing says Goodyear on it, but I don't think that has always been the case.

Allan

Robert,

When I worked for Goodyear many moons ago, I had the joyful experience of visiting the Blimp Hanger out near Akron. In the hanger they had a number of vintage pieces from their lighter than air program to include their work with the army and the navy. In their collection is a pair of wings EXACTLY like the ones you have. To be clear, they had some fakes (Meyer restrikes) too, but there were some great wings in the mix. It is POSSIBLE that the wing was made by GOODYEAR for their blimp pilots. Their current blimp pilot wing says Goodyear on it, but I don't think that has always been the case.

Allan

Thanks Allan

• 2 years later...