Ribbon maker with "A" hallmark

CDWells

Does anyone know which company uses a single large "A" on the left of the slide with "G-I"? It's on 2 AF Longevity Service ribbons and a Philippines Liberation ribbon.

I picked up a mixed bag of ribbons (have a soft spot as I bought five from a "junk box" as a seven year old and started collecting) and have ID'd all 18 with 2 devices. Mostly AF or all services with one army and one navy. The American Defense Service Medal probably was a sailor's, as it is missing a device. The makers are a mixed bag of Vanguard, Lordship, 1 Bende and Sons, 1 Wolf-Brown, 1 Meyer, several with this A mark, a few unmarked (WWI Vic), and two with a patterned back, but no other mark (same pattern on 1 slide and one clutchback. I'm trying to get the "paperwork" done on these, so I have a better idea as to what I have, the curse of collectors everywhere .

• 3 weeks later...

Hi CDWells,

You can use the program PAINT it should be in your windows accessories, there you push the home tab and choose "resize", just keep making it smaller until you are under the 256k size required for the post.

Take Care

Sampo

Thanks, Sampo. I'm limited to using my Kindle until I get my laptop fixed, but there is a guy one here, Ben, who wrote a resizer just for this forum and it worked great

Here's the odd little critter. It has the government inspected mark and no TIOH code...not sure what to make of that.

I have the same mark on a pair of AF Longevity Service ribbons, too.post-152045-0-78079900-1569938084_thumb.jpg