WWII Special Recon Bn Wool Arc Tab Patch real or not ?

redone

I've seen this Special Recon Bn arc before. It looks to WWII period. Is this a real patch or a fantasy piece. I've never come across and reference on this unit or the patch. Is this a real one and if so what are they selling for today ?

Thanks

post-1056-0-57883800-1568145507.jpg

post-1056-0-66198700-1568145516.jpg

Here is a link to a write up on the 2671st Special Reconnaissance Battalion tab. I see the US made version of this tab for bid on eBay every now and then and I've seen it for sale as low as 35 dollars. I've always wondered if the US made tab was a Patch King type of copy because there are a lot of them out there. However per the write up below the US made version of the tab has been encountered on period uniforms.

http://www.insigne.org/OSS-2671.htm

I started an OSS thread that showed a member wearing this patch in a period photo.

Also pictured in the thread was the actual patch that had been removed from the jacket.

vintageproductions

Here is a link to a write up on the 2671st Special Reconnaissance Battalion tab. I see the US made version of this tab for bid on eBay every now and then and I've seen it for sale as low as 35 dollars. I've always wondered if the US made tab was a Patch King type of copy because there are a lot of them out there. However per the write up below the US made version of the tab has been encountered on period uniforms.

http://www.insigne.org/OSS-2671.htm

Dennis- Just like the Merrill's Marauders patched Patch King made, some ended up on veteran's uniforms and some on patch blankets, which explains why they are found used.

Dennis- Just like the Merrill's Marauders patched Patch King made, some ended up on veteran's uniforms and some on patch blankets, which explains why they are found used.

Thanks for the explanation Bob.

Here is what I was referring to.

He is wearing his discharge so its after the war.

That would reinforce what has been said about this patch.

post-51189-0-85608600-1568176029.jpeg

I have one on a uniform that is part of a group. It is the Ike uniform he wore in the National Guard in the late 40s and the Special Recon tab is his "combat patch"

The one you should be looking for is the one posted in #8; the middle tab which is Italian theater made,note the orange color to lettering instead of red.