USMC Pattern 1922, Horstmann contract dated March 19, 1925 visor cap

nchistory

Corporal Arthur Robert Richardson’s USMC Pattern 1922, Horstmann contract dated March 19, 1925 visor cap. Thank you Alec Tulkoff, for this scarce 22 pattern dress blue (White) cap with a P 1892 EGA. This visor is identified to Corporal Arthur Richardson, a Sea Detachment Marine who spent his active career (1923-27) aboard USS Procyon (AG-11) Flagship Battle Fleet in the Pacific in the West Indies and Panama Canal Zone. He was also a US Marine reservist from 1927-31. Richardson born 23 NOV 1905, San Francisco, CA and died 26 DEC 1989 Lafayette, Contra Costa, CA. After his service in the Corps he was a grocer and owned his own Food Store in Oakland for many years called “The Fruit Basket”. Semper Fi.

post-153086-0-78095000-1567887609.jpg

Nice find nchistory. I've always loved these early post-bell crown USMC hats, and have several of them myself. Alec comes up with nice hats. I have a blue covered one he featured in his book "Equipping the Corps."

Steve

Nice find nchistory. I've always loved these early post-bell crown USMC hats, and have several of them myself. Alec comes up with nice hats. I have a blue covered one he featured in his book "Equipping the Corps."

Steve

Thanks Steve, yes I've see the blue one you reference in his book "Equipping the Corps."

Very nice.

Chris

Nice hard to find pattern with a white top to boot. Love those thinner leather chin straps on the early ones. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks Warguy, love those thinner chinstraps as well. There was only a small time-frame for this pattern, and the white is tough find. Love it!

Very nice cap! Mine has the same pattern EGA. It was owned by a WWI Marine, who went into the Reserves after the war.

Thank you Dirk, would love to see yours if time permits.