Rare Stainless General Purpose Pocket Knife

Misfit 45

Hi Folks,

Here is a rare Stainless handled pocket knife with blackened blades. Thanks to Dustin's post a while back I was able to recognize it. Now for the sad part. After I was finished with the pictures, I started to close the main blade and SNAP. One of the springs broke. I'm still shaking.

Here's the pics.

post-26996-0-76894000-1567218775.jpg

post-26996-0-48126600-1567218786_thumb.jpg

I talked to Tom Williams about Camillus's history in making any of these type knives during WW2. The short story is that they did not produce any of these knives until the first small run they made in 1949.

They did receive an order in the late summer of 1945 for, (if I recall correctly), approximately 190,000 of this type knife as the U.S. was shifting the War effort against Japan. They were still collecting the tooling they needed to start production when we dropped the Bombs on Japan. The outstanding orders for knives for the War effort were all cancelled not long after that.

• 1 year later...

Hello I am new to the forum.

My buddy passed away and I found this 1949 Camillus utility knife.

He always used to say it was rare. What do you guys think?

IMG_2644.jpg

IMG_2655.jpg

IMG_2656 (1).jpg

Thank you Only 30 wow ..it also says on 2 or 3 have been for sale on ebay in the last 10 years...I guess I'll put it on ebay ..I'll post the link on this site

Thanks for your help

You might not have to pay the eBay costs for selling that knife.  I'm one of the few that have one and I imagine that there are a few members here who would like to make you an offer.