Interesting USAF Rip Stop Uniform Shirt

trenchbuff

Shirt (and trousers) came from the family of an Air Force Fighter pilot who served in the Korea and Vietnam War. I've never seen this style before and it has no tags or markings except his laundry mark. It's made of a lightweight ripstop material with exposed buttons and has pockets on the sleeves. Any idea of the time period? Could it be theater made?

post-944-0-46932400-1567200097_thumb.jpg

The black on OD subdued insignia would be from the Vietnam period. Post Vietnam, the USAF went to dark blue on OD for subdued insignia.

Judging by the embroidery of the insignia, I would think this was made in Thai or Korea. Vietnamese embroidery tended to be done by hand, while this looks to have been done by hand guided sewing machine.

The black on OD subdued insignia would be from the Vietnam period. Post Vietnam, the USAF went to dark blue on OD for subdued insignia.

Judging by the embroidery of the insignia, I would think this was made in Thai or Korea. Vietnamese embroidery tended to be done by hand, while this looks to have been done by hand guided sewing machine.

I meant to say Thai or Korean, rather than Vietmam. This is what I get for trying to answer questions just before going home from work.

I meant to say Thai or Korean, rather than Vietmam. This is what I get for trying to answer questions just before going home from work.

No worries! Thanks for the info :D