Confederate Currency Question

Hello,

I am completely uninformed about Confederate Currency. I have a few questions about it and hope someone knowledgeable can help me.

What is the highest denomination the Confederacy ever printed?

Did the Confederacy produce any coinage? If so, what were the denominations?

Thank you for your time.

Kevin

Hello,

I am completely uninformed about Confederate Currency. I have a few questions about it and hope someone knowledgeable can help me.

What is the highest denomination the Confederacy ever printed?

Did the Confederacy produce any coinage? If so, what were the denominations?

Thank you for your time.

Kevin

Here is an interesting article about Confederate coinage...

https://www.money.org/blog/ConfederateCoinsMeisky

Mikie

Persian Gulf Command

Kevin,

Like all collectables condition is important. Confederate notes dated 1861-2 AU (near mint) or better are often worth $500+. One of the most sought after is a $500 denomination with Stonewall Jackson in the lower right and it also has this $500+ price range in near mint or better condition.

Notes after 1863 are usually not as valuable due to the amount produce and available after the war as worthless paper. There are exceptions. One thing to consider is if you have a Confederate note made of a yellowish and stiff parchment like paper it is a reproduction produced as souvenirs.

There are $1000 and $500 denomination Confederate Currency. The New Orleans Mint produced a 50 cent Confederate Half Dollar dated 1861.

No knowledge about the CSA currency in particular, but Mom has a CSA $5 bill that her GGGGrandfather brought back from his war time!

No knowledge about the CSA currency in particular, but Mom has a CSA $5 bill that her GGGGrandfather brought back from his war time!

That's cool, especially since it's still in the family. :)

Wow! That's awesome!

This fellow has some great books on CSA currency. I got a copy of this tome, I recommend it highly .

https://www.amazon.com/Collecting-Confederate-Paper-Money-Field/dp/0984453490/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=pierre+fricke&qid=1567204415&s=books&sr=1-2

Found a copy on eBay for $39 + free shipping. I look forward to reading it. Thanks!

Kevin