• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 An Old 82C

An Old 82C
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 250,401
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Hi everyone.. I served 1971 to 1992 Active Army. Was medically retired after Desert Storm. Bad back. Now I maintain a Facebook page called US Army Unit Crests and am always looking to add crests not listed.. Most the time, I'm needing help to ID the ones I can't find.. I now have over 10,000 and trying to find some better pics for some of the ones I have before I go to print.  Thanks for having me on the forum and I promise not to break any rules..   HOORAH !!

#2 jmd62

jmd62
  • Members
    • Member ID: 159,199
  • 361 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 11:47 AM

Welcome aboard and thanks for your service! You'll really like it here  : )

#3 Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant
  • Members
    • Member ID: 162,939
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

Hi everyone.. I served 1971 to 1992 Active Army. Was medically retired after Desert Storm. Bad back. Now I maintain a Facebook page called US Army Unit Crests and am always looking to add crests not listed.. Most the time, I'm needing help to ID the ones I can't find.. I now have over 10,000 and trying to find some better pics for some of the ones I have before I go to print.  Thanks for having me on the forum and I promise not to break any rules..   HOORAH !!

Pleasure to have you sir. I live in Holt MO but work in St Joe. You will really love the wealth of knowledge on this forum.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

#4 An Old 82C

An Old 82C
  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 August 2019 - 03:05 PM

Thanks for the welcome.  Looking forward to reading lots and lots.. So far... I have gotten lost in the forums twice.  LOL.  So much information... so many posts.. I will enjoy myself.   

#5 deddygetty

deddygetty
  • Members
    • Member ID: 63,795
  • 289 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:24 AM

Welcome to the forum, Old 82C.

:excl: You are off to a bad start though, I'm sad to say. You've already broken a basic rule. :unsure: HOOAH!! is the Army response, with its beginnings rooted deep in the 2nd Seminole War at a meeting with Chief Coacoochee and the Second Regiment of Dragoons in 1841.

Taking into consideration your long and honorable service to this great country of ours, push-ups will not be required at this time. ;)

#6 Backtheattack

Backtheattack
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,851
  • 1,264 posts

Posted 31 August 2019 - 07:14 AM

Hello and welcome to the forum!

#7 An Old 82C

An Old 82C
  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:02 AM

Thank you everyone for welcoming me..  I have a Facebook page on US Army Unit Crests, if anyone would like to check it out..  https://www.facebook...armyunitcrests/

Currently, there are over 10,000 crests listed and I just posted a listing of crests that the Institute of Heraldry had on their site before shutting down.. 

#8 An Old 82C

An Old 82C
  • New Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:09 AM

Welcome to the forum, Old 82C.

:excl: You are off to a bad start though, I'm sad to say. You've already broken a basic rule. :unsure: HOOAH!! is the Army response, with its beginnings rooted deep in the 2nd Seminole War at a meeting with Chief Coacoochee and the Second Regiment of Dragoons in 1841.

Taking into consideration your long and honorable service to this great country of ours, push-ups will not be required at this time. ;)

You're right.. Must be this age thing I got.Heard it's going around, you be careful out there.  I dropped and did 20 for my error.. HOOAH!!

#9 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 1,506
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 07:07 AM

Welcome aboard.

If you are a DI collector, hopefully you have also discovered ASMIC.org , the grandfather of all military collecting organisations.

I believe their convention is returning to Kansas City sometime in the next two years.

#10 deddygetty

deddygetty
  • Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 08:36 AM

You're right.. Must be this age thing I got.Heard it's going around, you be careful out there.  I dropped and did 20 for my error.. HOOAH!!

Much appreciated. Would love to check out your collection on Facebook, but unfortunately I've been banned from there for life because I posted this photo of our current 2d Cavalry Association president.

Attached Images

• ColBryanDenny.jpg

#11 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

Much appreciated. Would love to check out your collection on Facebook, but unfortunately I've been banned from there for life because I posted this photo of our current 2d Cavalry Association president.

Feel free to start a separate thread to explain that one

#12 deddygetty

deddygetty
  • Members
  • 289 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:53 PM

Feel free to start a separate thread to explain that one

I appreciate the offer. I don't want to muck up the great forum you folks have here with FB politics. If you're curious though, I can PM details.

#13 gwb123

gwb123

ADMINISTRATOR

• Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 13 October 2019 - 06:56 PM

I appreciate the offer. I don't want to muck up the great forum you folks have here with FB politics. If you're curious though, I can PM details.

You might get some takers on that.  And perhaps it is just as well to leave it off the public side of this Forum. 

#14 Major Z

Major Z
  • Members
    • Member ID: 153,340
  • 558 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:22 PM

Welcome to the forum. I live north of Kansas City and I collect just Quartermaster Corps items. Funny though, the one thing I don't collect is DI's. So, no competition! Good luck in your hunt.

#15 jeff arthur

jeff arthur
  • Members
    • Member ID: 55,903
  • 129 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:51 PM

Welcome to the Forum,Sir. Life affords us the opportunity to never stop learning. Live long and prosper. Best Regards, Jeff

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users