Just Saw this on ebay

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just saw this nice Utica blade-dated M3, w/ Milsco M6 scabbard, ebay # 293202547418. Starting bid is $19.43, with 4 days left. Since it's starting out at a decent bid, thought it might be worth checking out. I don't know the seller. If someone wants to post the ad it would be appreciated. Good luck! I have one already, so I'm not bidding. SKIP

Hmmm...there may be a good reason why the the scabbard looks virtually unused, but the part one needs to see (the stamping) looks to have been rubbed and rubbed with someones thumb so it cannot be read. Just an observation. Alex

I think the scabbard is legit. Here's my reasons, 1) the M1910 belt hook cut off, paratroop cut. 2)the tie down is configured in the square? knot, gimp not sure what to call it, I see a lot of that on WW2 scabbards & holsters, (my Dad's included) 3) lastly, look at the verdigris where the leather tie down goes through the loop hole. That takes time. 4) the stitching on the sheath has yellowed over time, which they do. The scabbard is also stamped Milsco(used a magnifying glass, and the rivets, all look right. I could be all wrong, but these are things that stick out in my mind. SKIP

Interesting. I have the exact same set, blade dated UC and MILSCO sheath, but my sheath is almost mint without alterations.

Total cost of my set was $600 about 5 years ago.

According to Bill Walter's first book, Milsco sheaths were not issued with Utica M3s.

That doesn't mean the sheath is altered or incorrect, just that it isn't original to this knife.

siclfde- Bill Walters stated that Utica blade-dated M3s came with Barwood M6 scabbards. I have to assume Bill based that conclusion on new-in-the-box blade-dated Uticas in his collection. I am not challenging his data, since I have no evidence to the contrary. Obviously the M6 could have been changed at any time. To me it's not a big deal, or a game stopper. It's still a nice M6, w/ cut off M1910 belt hook. SKIP