Well it's official, wife kicked me out!

BILL THE PATCH

BILL THE PATCH

Haha, it's not what you think. She kicked me out of every room in the house. I have my own war room now. I've been working on it now and then for a while now. It a 11x 13 room with 9' ceiling. I still have to enclose the one part of ceiling I'm adding a drop down stairs, so I can have extra storage. Also adding a ceiling fan. This room is actually a mud room between house and garage. It's not much but I'll take what I can get. I'm still experiementing with placing my stuff. Still have to get a book case or two. Here are some pictures if anyone was any ideas on space saving I'd appreciate it. I want it to look tasteful and not overcrowded. I still have a lot to do but need some good ideas. Like I said I still have to have room for my books. I'll be adding and removing till I'm happy with it. That's the fun part finding stuff in boxes that I haven't seen in awhile. Thanks for looking

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nice, the helmets stacked next to the uniforms is a nice display, and use of room. Dave

That's what I was thinking.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

That's a nice space for your collection, and it looks great. What is the pocket patch on the coat you have standing with the HJ armband?

BILL THE PATCH

That's a nice space for your collection, and it looks great.  What is the pocket patch on the coat you have standing with the HJ armband?

That's a bazooka patch made by nuns in Sicily, whom general Gavin paid the nuns to make them. Then he hands them out to the soldiers who made a stand at biazza ridge I believe. I believe it to be real, some say it's a repo. I've had one patch expert on this forum tell me he believes this is an original.

BILL THE PATCH

That's a nice space for your collection, and it looks great.  What is the pocket patch on the coat you have standing with the HJ armband?

Hey ole marine, I think I got that HJ armband from you off our sister site.

That bazooka patch is great. I've never seen one on a uniform, that's a very rare uniform. I thought that armband looked familiar, I am glad it found a good home. I am glad you have it.

That world Militaria forum is a good place.

BILL THE PATCH

Yes it will have wired in smoke detectors, and battery. Also having base heater put in. Probably throw a carpet down seeing that it's just a concrete slab. Everything is insulated, except the one part of ceiling I'm still encloseing it. My house is 100 years old this year, not much to work with. But wife is happy, I'm very happy. To my wife's credit she put up with stuff in every closet, room, etc etc. I even let her put a plant in here. ( Small one):), work is on hold for a week or two just had hernia operation yesterday, I felt like I was on a roll there for awhile. Thanks for the great comments

BILL THE PATCH

Too bad I don't live near you, we could do some beer drinking in there, a great atmosphere.

Just like the old days, didn't we party at my apartment on 61st, seem to recall you being there. But these days it's all a blur

Just like the old days, didn't we party at my apartment on 61st, seem to recall you being there. But these days it's all a blur

Yep.

Having a happy wife makes the war room a bit sweeter !!!

What’s up with us slowly putting Militaria all over the house only to asked to clean up that smelly green stuff.

The carpet is essential and a good warm jacket in the winter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk