One Of The Great Mysteries Of The CBI Theaters Patches

Bill Scott

I bought this 30 years ago and just bought it back this morning.This is what a real Six inch CBI made unknown unit patch looks like.This has had ten different IDs and no one can tell us what it truly is for sure.I just thought seeing that it is a real CBI made patch and the size and the way it is Constructed might jog a memory on this beauty.I will say one thing if it is ever properly IDed it will go from neat to rare in a heartbeat.Scotty

2019-08-15_131420.jpg

2019-08-15_131632.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

Beautiful patch, is that a salamander?, Maybe camo related? What are the 10 different ID's. Be nice to checkout

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

It has been IDed as OSS but nothing can confirm that it has anything to do with the OSS.I think if Les Hughes says it is not OSS it most likely is not.I have owned thousands of CBI patches this one is real but never IDed to a unit.I sold it 30 years ago as unknown bought it back as unknown just a mystery for us to ponder.Scotty

I have the exact same patch, acquired long ago from my friend, the legendary CBI collector Richard Peacher. He believed it to be an OSS Detachment. I agree with Bill, the style of manufacture and presentation seem period-correct.

BILL THE PATCH

Maybe if someone has issues of the CBI Roundup mags, might be something in them. Maybe a logo on something.

BILL THE PATCH

That's funny never looked at it that way, I saw the number 310, I was looking at the way the 3&0 conform to the shape of shield.

I have always wondered if this patch had anything to do with the 3rd Air Depot Group stationed at Agra India just a thought.Scotty

• 3 weeks later...
vintageproductions

Bill- There was one of these at the Portland ASMIC show and the person had it identified as 310th Air Depot.

Maybe if someone has issues of the CBI Roundup mags, might be something in them. Maybe a logo on something.

I am going thru 30 years or so of these that an old customer of mine had and will post on here if i do find something. Family still has all the uniforms an such. Will try to get pics of what they have. Nice to see that a family still wants the vets stuff!