Dear USMF Members,
I would like to spread the word about an upcoming event organized by my group (Army Nurse Corps in WWII) in cooperation with Plzeň 1945 / Pilsen 1945. Leave No Man Behind will take place between April 28 and May 3, 2020 in the Czech Republic.
Over 50 miles through the picturesque landscapes of Western Bohemia, retracing the footsteps of the 45th Field Hospital in wartime vehicles, this is your unique chance to see what they saw and feel what they felt in 1945 Czechoslovakia. Escape everyday boredom, grab your uniform and join us at the Leave No man Behind reenactment event in Pilsen, Czech Republic, from Tuesday April 28 to Sunday May 3, 2020. An unforgettable experience combining real historical places, ceremonies, large hospital convoy & display, Victory Parade and World War II veterans, that is guaranteed to leave a lasting impression on all who decide to join. This is your opportunity to experience history in a new way with like-minded people from all over the world. Leave No Man Behind will easily be the most authentic event you've ever attended, and might just be the most memorable event you ever will attend!
We're currently looking for the Medical Department reenactors who would like to join us as Army Nurses, Officers, Enlisted Men and Drivers. The following vehicles can be brought to the event:
- Ambulance, 3⁄4‐ton
- Trailer, 1‐ton, Two‐Wheel, Water Tank
- Truck, 3⁄4‐ton, Command and Reconnaissance
- Truck, 3⁄4‐ton, Weapon Carrier
- Truck, 2 1⁄2‐ton, Cargo
- Truck, 2 1⁄2‐ton, Cargo, with Winch
What can you expect?
- 3-day convoy in WWII vehicles in the footsteps of the 45th FH - all vehicles will have proper unit markings. Two nights spent on the road, incl. one original site of the hospital. No modern stuff, just period-correct camping equipment and C-rations!
- Large 3-day hospital display in Pilsen, where we will educate the public (every year there are visitors from all over the world).
- Victory Parade - we will march down the main street of Pilsen alongside WWII veterans of the 2nd Infantry and 16th Armored Divisions. Tens of thousands of spectators attend the parade.
- V-E Day celebrations, swing dancing, Czech food and beer, museum visit, etc.
Interested? Join our Facebook event: https://www.facebook...82035839221563/
All information incl. kit lists, registration forms, information bulletins, fees will be soon published in this group: https://www.facebook...76670072653506/
Any questions? Just ask!
Have a nice day,