2nd Army (All Blue Patch) WW2 era?

tony75

Hello

What are your thoughts on this patch

I can not find any information on its purpose or what era.

I was thinking for some type of training exercise?

Thank you very much

Tony

post-4925-0-11650100-1565525968_thumb.jpg

Read the thread that patches mentions! Great bit of info! Figured I would show this and get the conversation about the blue variations going again. Found this one at Ft. Leavenworth Ks back in 1984.post-3643-0-92978200-1565547739.jpg

Hello

Nice Patch.

Thank you for the link.

Great and interesting thread with endless opinions and information.

Thanks again

Tony

Read the thread that patches mentions! Great bit of info! Figured I would show this and get the conversation about the blue variations going again. Found this one at Ft. Leavenworth Ks back in 1984.attachicon.gif001.jpg

Well that's a new one

Well that's a new one

Yah, it was a loose one in the uniform and sales section of the 'new then' PX, There were about 20 of them so I never figured I needed to get more than one! They would let me root around in the old and loose patches ect. and let me buy, at a small fee, what ever I found. I recall going out of there several times with a hand load of patches for $10.00 or so. I took 'Smitys' advice and really went to town buying patches after talking to him at the KC ASMIC back then! They still had some 2nd Cav patches on a card for sale! Those were the days!

Yah, it was a loose one in the uniform and sales section of the 'new then' PX, There were about 20 of them so I never figured I needed to get more than one! They would let me root around in the old and loose patches ect. and let me buy, at a small fee, what ever I found. I recall going out of there several times with a hand load of patches for $10.00 or so. I took 'Smitys' advice and really went to town buying patches after talking to him at the KC ASMIC back then! They still had some 2nd Cav patches on a card for sale! Those were the days!

Cool!

Read the thread that patches mentions! Great bit of info! Figured I would show this and get the conversation about the blue variations going again. Found this one at Ft. Leavenworth Ks back in 1984.attachicon.gif001.jpg

Appears to have been modified with marker. Note the "bleed over" into the green background.